Pages

A Quiet Ride Home

|
I used to enjoy long drives, quiet, relaxing , time by yourself to think.  There were no distractions, no multitasking, just reflecting.  Even when I wasn’t alone, driving with Curt we seemed to have the best conversations.  Those quiet rides have slowly disappear and my drives are now filled with answering questions, settling disputes, passing out snacks & water, picking up dropped books, playing eye-spy and other such games, asking someone to stop screaming, listening to a tantrum because a certain two year old did not get to do up her own buckle, etc.  oh yes and driving too.

I think I may have recently found the ticket to a quieter ride.  It started when I took this kids CD out from the library recently and the last track of the disc was a story being told.  The van was silent!  Silent for the whole story!  The next time I was a the library I glanced at the audiobooks and found The Frog and Toad Audio Collection, a classic.  I checked it out of the library and we listened to it on the way home,  I was blessed with nearly silence again!  It's a miracle!  The hunt has now begun for good children's audio books to add to my collection.  The great part is that I don't need a new one each time, the kids would actually prefer to listen to the same ones over and over.  Less work for me, however listening to the same story every trip may bring on a whole new set of problems.

TRAC our regional library system has recently started offering downloadable audio books that you can put on your Ipod and I am excited to see what they have to offer and try some out.
 
Have you been to Robert Munsch’s Website?  It has all of his stories being told by the wonderful story teller himself available to listen online or download for free. While you are there check out his all about Robert Munsch section, it is an interesting read.

Here’s to hoping that I may enjoy an occasional quiet ride.  At least I have another trick to add to my collection.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Add This