Pages

There's a Rat in The House

|
A Pack Rat that is, and its me.

Every time I go into my basement and look at the piles of "stuff" sitting down there I think man this is all just junk and I don't really want it.  Then I go and look at the boxes of "stuff" left in M&S's garage that I still have to collect and I have the same thoughts.  For the most part the things that I love and use are upstairs being loved and used and whats left downstairs is extra.
I've decided that now is the time to start getting rid of some of my collected treasures (aka junk). I am going to partake in a garage sale in the next month or so and get rid of as much as I can.
My purging adventure has been a bit like a roller coaster ride I will have a day were I feel like I'm doing really good and getting rid of alot and then the next day I can't seem to get rid of things I know I should.  I think I need someone to come over and tell me its ok to let go of some of this stuff.  Thankfully I have not gone back into the "get rid of" pile and rescued anything (please don't let me do this). 
Curt did remind me that this is not my only opportunity to purge the excess and that it will be OK if I go back at another time and get rid of the rest.  That actually lifted a weight off my shoulders, I will just do what I can now and then at a later date I will do this again and be able to let go of some more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can come and help if you want! I was ruthless when Nick was moving back to NL. But seriously, letting go of "stuff" feels great once you let it go.

Heard from V you girls had a nice visit in E awhile back, I'll have to try and make it up to see everyone...soon. June?

Love JD

Anonymous said...

Yep, I can help too...I am the master of purge. I think we should make a weekend of it. Nollie's old enough to babysit now, right?

V.

Anonymous said...

We seem to be opposites this way. Murray is always commenting on my 'toss-i-tice"' . When I have junk I tend to sell, toss, and give away everything as soon as possible. Every once in awhile it bites me in the butt and I find I need something I have previously deposed of. Take heart. You will get through it.

Jess

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Add This