Pages

Croissants

|
I've been wanting to try making Croissants from scratch for a while but knowing that I had to start them two days before we planned to eat them I could never get the timing right.  Friday night after we put the girls to sleep Curt suggested I get them started.  I wasn't all that impressed with the idea at the time, since I generally shut down and do nothing after the girls are in bed, but am I ever glad I did it.  I followed the recipe from the book French Women Don't Get Fat, by Mireille Guiliano.  I found the instructions at shesingsatthetable.com and thought her commentary on the recipe was quite humorous as I went along.  After the initial preperations on Friday night they needed some attention twice on Saturday and then the final steps took place on Sunday morning.  I was up early so the Croissants came out of the oven just in time for breakfast.  Curt whipped up a quick batch of chocolate honey to have with them and we sat down to enjoy.  

They were amazing and I will definitely be making these again.


 Would you look at that flaky goodness, mmmmmmmm. 


Needless to say the 12 croissants did not last until lunch time that day.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Add This