Pages

Project Simplify - Kitchen

|

This week on Simple Mom’s Project Simplify we moved onto the kitchen. 

I basically emptied out every cupboard and drawer in my kitchen, cleaning, decluttering and organizing.

I am in love with my newly organized pantry.  I put my label maker to good use and labeled all the containers.  I knew what was in each one but anyone else may not have, and the blue labels just look lovely.  I also took all the empty jars downstairs where they belong.

BeforeOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
AfterOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My favorite part is the plastic bin you can see on the right of the picture below.  I used this to corral all the bags of beans & rice.  I also added a tray to the lower shelf below to hold all the oils & vinegars.  They are in the same place but it just looks tidier.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The spice drawer, more labeling and putting bags of spice into jars.  So much nicer without bags.

BeforeOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
AfterOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Cutlery, I removed half of the cutlery from the drawer and put it up for when we have a large number of guests over.  The drawer also looks nice because Waverly hasn’t had a chance to rearrange it yet, her favorite thing to do while we are baking at the island.

BeforeOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

AfterOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I finally threw out the tea that I didn’t like but have been keeping in my cupboard forever.

I gave my fridge a deep cleaning. It was going to be just a quick wipe down but turned into a whole morning ordeal including ungluing the glass shelves that had been glued down by spilt milk, yuck.

Just a couple of weeks ago I defrosted and cleaned out my deepfreeze so that was one part I didn’t have to worry about, yay!

I didn’t get to my upstairs freezer but I did my duty eating the nearly freezer-burnt chocolate ice cream from in there, all in the name of decluttering.

 
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Add This