Pages

Project Simplify–Closets

|

This week on Simple Mom’s Project Simplify was closets.

First on my list was Waverly’s room closet.  It was formerly the craft closet but that just wasn’t working any more.  It was getting frustrating that we didn’t have access to the things in that closet while Waverly was napping.  The closet had also become a dumping ground for things that I didn’t want to deal with or had to be cleaned off the kitchen island fast. It was basically becoming a giant junk drawer. 

I have to admit I kind of cheated on this one because most of the stuff just got shuffled downstairs in laundry baskets and boxes to be dealt with next weeks when I tackle my craft room. 

Waverly does however have a closet now for her own toys and such.

Before

After

Next on the list was the laundry room cabinets or more importantly the clutter on top of the washer and dryer.  This one was basically a matter of just putting things back where they belong and getting rid of a few garbage items.

Before

After

Lastly the back door closet.  Mostly just picking up all the junk off the floor.   I organized all the bags and put away the winter mitts & toques.

Before

After

 

And for a final confessional.  I tend to hold onto things so that I can dispose of them properly later.  However I never remember to bring them with me when I go somewhere I can dispose of them.  Here are 3 boxes full of used CFL light bulbs, a huge bag of dead batteries and a bag of old ink cartridges.  I think I can take the ink cartridges somewhere in town, I’ll try to do that this week.  Looks like I need a trip to Ikea so I can drop off the other stuff.  I am NOT putting them back into the closet.

 


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Add This